Friday, April 20, 2018

Bought A Photo Editing Computer

With my HP Notebook currently down (after the flight) and with so much photo editing work in my future I decided to go all out and buy a high quality computer. I bought a high end 27 inch iMac for $2999, it arrives on April 27. I bought the unit online from Bestbuy.ca. I do not have a lot of money right now but I felt it was important to do this right. This is a ton of money for a computer, but I have had 2 previous verions of the iMac and have loved both so much, I thought I would do it again.

My hope is to use this computer for ONLY PHOTO EDITING (Photoshop) thou I might eventually use it for some limited film editing as well. I will not put the computer online, will not fill it with unnecessary programs and files, want to keep this thing lean and mean. I plan on bringing it with me here to work as well as using it at home and a moms place. I will use the back up external hard drive files I did up in Asia with this computer. I should be able to do lots of editing at work between my security rounds and patrols over the next year. One of the advantages of being a night guard is you have some time for personal projects.

Note* I am now saving money to make the final payments on the HF3535 ultra large format camera. Hopefully in a month or 6 weeks that will be taken care of as well.

Note** I will try to use this computer in combination with an existing gifted printer (thanks Larry). If that does not work then I will need to buy a new printer to make my exhibition prints from digital files. This is weird! I am so use to doing everything in the darkroom, doing them digitally is throwing me off. Still the photos I made in Japan and the dump would have been impossible to shoot with film (espeically the near darkness nightime dump work).

Here is a link to the computer (I got a $80 discount the day I bought it).
My iMac 27 Inch Computer

Apple iMac (MNED2LL/A) 27"