Thursday, February 1, 2018

Rice Buy

I went down to the small Tesco-Lotus grocery store this morning and bought 6 bags of 5 kilo rice. I will give 1 bag out per family in the swamp shack dump area. An area where they do not have running water or power (see photo). I bought the mid range priced rice, 3 bags at 139 baht a bag and 3 bags at 169 baht a bag. The total cost was 924 baht. It has been added to the spent donation money total, thanks folks. I will deliver 3 of the bags tonight along with some soaps, tooth brushes and shampoos I got donated, and got free from various hotels during my Asian travels.

Ready to loud up my motorbike with rice
Swamp dump home, photographed last night.
Note* Note to self, never buy 6-5 kilo bags of rice and then carry them up 5 flights of stairs to your apartment room again. It hurts do do that!