Friday, February 16, 2018

Horse Play In The Dump

Every night at the dump and I mean literally every night I see some heavy duty very aggressive horse play going on in the dump. The younger kids and the teenagers run and chase each other about before jumping on each other and doing some pretty rough looking, slapping, pinching and casual kicking. It is all done in good fun but is very very aggressive, an entirely different thing that I remember engaging in during my youth. It must be a cultural thing where aggression is magnified but not in a violent way, saw the same thing in Cambodia. If a Khmer girl was joking with you she would pinch the shit out of your arm or earlobe. That happened to me many times back in 2003 and years upwards. Damn well hurt!!! I am sure some of the Burmese horse play I am witnessing in the dump hurts just as much, probably more.