Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Explained Why I Make Pictures Again

Tonight I explained in the dump (in Thai) why I make photos of the Burmese families (have been doing this several times of late). I told a Burmese girl who speaks Thai that I make the photos and then people in Canada and the USA see the work and  SOME donate money. I then use that money to buy boots and headlamps etc. Everything I told her is 100% true. She understood me and explained in Burmese to a few people there, I think, including a young teenage boy that was hiding from the camera (I never force it, if they hide I stop shooting). Shooting got easier among the young teenage set after that.

Later on tonight I actually had a man taking me around and showing me things to photograph People playing with dogs, teens joking, children playing, people working, women selling etc. I think the message may have gotten through. Understanding the truth is almost always a good thing. More and more people now understand the truth of why the photos are created. I hope in the future I can return with more donated good , more donated money (to buy boots and headlamps) for them.