Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Difficult Night In The Garbage

Had a difficult time in the dump tonight, dealing with what I found. There was a new dump family. They really brought home to me how difficult the people who escape from Burma to come here have it when they first arrive. This family does not have much of anything, what they do have seems to have been given to them by others in the dump,, poor people helping poorer people.

It was heartbreaking to be with them. I had already given away all my things, so had nothing more to hand out except SOLO suckers. I ended up giving 2 of these to the younger children. Tomorrow will take them a bunch of things including rice, boots and headlamps.

Am having difficulty putting my feelings into words, I just felt so useless when I was with them so privileged, just a useless tool who could do nothing.

New dump family