Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Few New "Families of the Dump" Night Photos

After my day off (slept 12 hours plus) I decided to edit a few new pics from the last few days and post them. I head out to the dump tonight and the next 3 nights, before going to Bangkok on a visa run. I also need to donate more boots and headlamps tonight, not sure how many I can carry. I strained my right arm a few days back hauling the rice.

My time in the dump is running out. I feel both good and bad about that. The dump has worn me down but I feel I am letting the people down by stopping the donations stopping the photography. Like I am running away to a better life and abandoning them. I have so much privilege, so much to run away too. Meanwhile the kids are running, and playing next to cockroaches, rats, filth and their parents are digging out vegetables, fruit and meat from the garbage. I am happy to get away but it feels wrong to do so. I need to work as hard as I can with the time I have left, no more f-cking days off, lazy man.

from Facebook.....
Heading back to the dump in 2 hours. I took yesterday of, slept 12+ hours, feel like a heal about that, should have pushed harder, lost an opportunity. By my calculations I only have around 15-18 more nights to be with the people in the dump, then its back to security in Canada. Here are some new photos edited today from the last few nights. Am starting to include descriptions (stories) on individual photos. Please check out the stories if your interested.

Dump child playing
Daughter, Mother, Father #1
Daughter, Mother, Father #2
Hus band and wife in swamp shack home after dark
New garbage truck arrives
Dump shacks in swamp area at night
Dancing in the dark
Dump shacks #2 in swamp area at night