Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Photo Project Idea: Japan Steet People

I have been trying to figure out secondary photo projects to shoot in Asia, think I got one. I have been shooting random street shots of Japanese people on the streets and in the subways, trains, tunnels etc. I shoot at the fastest ASAs to achieve the fastest shutter speeds and smallest apertures I can. Usually 10000 indoors and 2000-5000 outdoors. I might call this series of pictures “Street People”. The theme will be the loneliness and isolation of city life and emotionally controlled culture of being Japanese (it is sort of Vulcan like here). Focusing on the lives of people is always more important to me, this project will speak to my feelings on Japan, the people of Japan and living here.

From Facebook.......
More food photos. Went to the big fish market here. Had snow crab soup for 350 Yen, $4.20 CAD along with fried rice and crab. The salmon was hanging outside of the fish, crab shop where we ate at a tiny restaurant. I guess in Japan Salmon is considered a rather low end fish, often grilled for breakfast. Am doing all you can eat beef for supper tonight.
Also thought of and started a new photo project titled “Steet People” which will be a series of photos documenting the lives of Japanese people in the streets-trains-tunnels here (ant like caverns below the streets). Making weird wild compositions in the photos that help express the loneliness and isolation of living in huge cities. Tokyo I believe is the worlds largest city at a jaw dropping 36 million. Japanese culture also has a certain amount repressing of emotion that I hope to communicate.