Monday, December 11, 2017

3 Events

- Drunk man falls into bikes.
Last night as I was coming home a group (2 men, 2 women) of drunk Japanese came out on the street in front of me. One man put another onto his bicycle then the bike mounted men proceeded to fall over and knock over a number of other standing bikes beside him. I went over to help the man and lifted the bike off him. His wife came over laughing and apolozing several times, taking the bike from my hand. Later I got a photos of this man laughing when we met again at a nearby store.

- Flirty girl wants her picture taken.
Tonight I ended up sitting next to a flirty young woman (22?) at a beef barbecue restaurant. At first her bf (?) was sitting next to me then the next thing I know the woman is there, they had changed  seats. I looked over, saw the changed and was surprised, and at that moment the flirty girl looked at me and smiled, then bowed her head in hello. Boeing happens all the time here every where. What was strange about this interaction was the DIRECT eye contact. People rarely look at you eye to eye here. It seems to almost never happen. This girl thou was not shy, she looked you straight in the eye and smiled. Later on she looked at me again and pointed at my camera, she wanted me to take her picture, so I did. Not sure what her bf thought of all that stuff. She struck me as a girl who flirts with men, controls them with her sexuality, she was very loud and aggressive, hands all over the man she was with. It was the second stare down I had with a beautiful girl today. Not sure what that stuff was all was about, for a 53 year old geezer Like myself it felt good.

- Bonzai, Bonzai, Bonzai!!
As I was leaving the restaurant front door there was a group of older salarymen on the street. I wanted do some sneak photo shots so was trying to manoeuvre through them. Just as I got to one side, one of the men suddenly did a deep bow and the other 10 or so  men suddenly raises there arms and started chanting “Bonzai!” I think they chanted it 3 times, I quickly raised my cameras to take pictures. The men were in a great mood, they had all been drinking and were rather drink. When they saw me taking photos they cheered me on, laughed and pointed. Afterwards when they started  to walk away one man turned back to look at me with a huge smile on his face, he gave me a big thumbs up with his right hand-thumb and laughed when I returned the gesture.

I think it was a retirement ceremony, celebration. The man who bowed was the oldest and dressed in white-light grey, everyone else in black-dark colours. I got some photos of the BONZAI moment.