Saturday, October 14, 2017

Todays Thoughts

Been feeling lonely and down lately. I was wondering if it would be better to haul all my gear to Mae Sot and avoid getting a Bangkok apartment to save on costs. In Mae Sot I will be making photos, making the movie, I have purpose. Here in Bangkok I feel alone and lost a bit, not sure I want to get an apartment here to further that feeling. Walking the street with the 10 million or so souls here yesterday was a bit daunting. I need to get my Thai sea legs back. The language is doing OK so far, not as big a headache as usual. Most times when I start speaking Thai again, it is quite an effort to do so, this trip that is coming much faster, launching right into it without too much problem.

Anyway today is another new day, woke up at 430am, the sun is bright here now getting hot, it is now 652am. I will probably buy my bus ticket to Mae Sot today, I have to go down the Mochit bus station via taxi to get that done. You need to buy the ticket in person and in advance, I do not think you can buy it online. Will go for a higher end bus, the tickets are relatively cheap. The higher end buses are more comfortable but more importantly have multiple drivers. In some of the cheaper buses the driver often uses drugs to stay awake and drives long 10 hour plus spells. I do not want to go there.

Here are some pics of my hotel room in Bangkok. The hotel that dates back to the 60s I think. Old but renovated and clean.  This is the first place I ever stayed in Thailand, during my first trip back in 1996, feel comfortable here. It has hot water shower/tub, cable TV, fridge, 2 beds, a/c and free WI-FI. The off season price (till the end of October) is 850 baht a night ($32 CAD), with a 50 baht discount coupon for their hotel restaurant, which I use. The hotel serves good food.

Need to get things going and get out of my gloom. The power for the computer problem is solved, need to find boots now. Once I start making photos, my heart will be in the right place. That has  always been a key to my happiness. I hope it works again.

Hotel room photos, October 2017 Bangkok