Monday, October 2, 2017

Facebook Post: Packing And A Couple Of Pics With Stories

My Thai trip is quickly approaching. Did heavy packing and weighing of bags last week while off work. Who knew 100lbs of stuff (2 check in bags of 50lbs each) was so so little! Probably taking too much gear, too much film with me but it is better to have too much than not enough! Hard to pack for 6 months, hard to figure how much film and what gear to take.

Right now the bags are filled with an 8x10 Deardorff, 1 lens (250mm Fujinon), changing tent, 7 film holders, loupes, meter etc. 2 M6 Lecia Rangefinder Cameras, 2 R6 SLR Leica bodies, 21,24,28,35 and 60mm lens. A ton of 35mm film (300 to 500 films, not sure how many to take yet) and 240 sheets of 8x10 Tri-x plus all the film making stuff, microphones, audio recorder, editing laptop, extra SD cards, extra hard drives, 2 BMPCC cameras, 4 lens (2 very small), tripod, 2 heads 1 for the 8x10 and 1 for the video work, one, reflector and a bunch of stuff I am forgetting now. Oh yes, I have to have batteries, batteries and more batteries for these things. The head spins!

Here are a couple more forgotten dump pics from 2013.

The first shot is of a young baby, she is the same older child that is in my current Facebook profile picture. I have been photographing her family for several years now. This picture goes back to 2013, she is being held by her aunt. The second photos is of her sister (12-13 years old?) who works very hard with her father (man with headlamp) everyday. The mother from the family told me how this young girl would pass out sometimes from the work. I will visit the people from this family first when I return to the dump. I also included a blog story about them from a few years back.
Mae Sot garbage dump, Thailand 2013
Mae Sot garbage dump, Thialand 2013-14