Saturday, October 14, 2017

Facebook: A Few Things Have Happened

Had some issues but they are working themselves out. Lost power on my computer yesterday, had to go get another adapter cord at Pantip Plaza (main computer area of Bangkok). Paid about $20 CAD for the power cord/adapter now the computer is working again. I was quite worried as I need my computer desperately to write my blog and to edit my movie. Its most important function might be to transfer all the my audio and video files from SD cards to portable hard drives. I was pricing out new HP laptops and Pantip, cost for those would have ran $700-$1000 CAD. I did not, DID NOT want to spend that kind of money, am on a budget, got to have money to last the entire 6 months.

Highlight of the day, was getting a 2 hour traditional Thai massage, cost was around $19 CAD with about a $4.25 tip. Great massage for less than 25 bucks, I even fell asleep for a while. The massage lady kept complimenting my Thai. That is a Thai politeness thingy, I need to improve my Thai skills, 6 months here won't hurt, the old learning curve!! Hmm wonder if I should have another massage tomorrow? They also have the foot and oil types, thou I am not big on either of those. With oil you end up as like a greased pig (you are also almost naked when they do it, not comfortable doing that) and foot massages are intense they bloody HURT!

Geez as I type this it is raining again, rained hard all night last night, rain here much more aggressive compared to Edmonton, it sort of attacks you. There was flooding in the streets in certain areas around the city today. It looks like I will be departing for Mae Sot and the dump on the 18th or 19th, probably buy my bus ticket tomorrow. Facing one problem, do not have any rubber boots to wear in the garbage. I had to leave mine in Canada because of weight issues. I was hoping to find some here, but finding size 11-12 (western farang sizes) is difficult in Bangkok. Maybe I will ask the hotel people for a shopping recommendation tomorrow when I extend my stay here.