Monday, August 28, 2017

St. Albert Gazette Promo For The Coming Talk

Here is the St. Albert Gazette promo for the coming artist talk (from 7 days ago):
http://www.stalbertgazette.com/event/artist-talk-gerry-yaum-fathers-last-days

Artist Talk with Gerry Yaum: My Father’s Last Days

August 31 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

“The day I found out my father had pancreatic cancer, his life, my life and my family’s lives’ changed forever. A terrible loss was coming, the clock had started ticking. We would all never be the same. I spent the next 13 months photographing dad, telling his story and mine.” (Gerry Yaum) Social documentary photographer Gerry Yaum seeks to tell the stories of forgotten and marginalised people. His deeply personal series My Father’s Last Days documents the final months of his father’s battle with pancreatic cancer. Through a sequence of poignant black and white portraits, Yaum endeavors to understand and capture his father’s struggle and create a memorial to him. In conjunction with the exhibition Healing Process, Art Gallery of St. Albert invites you to learn more about photographer Yaum’s poignant series, My Father’s Last Days, featured in part, in the exhibition. Join us for the Artist’s Talk on Thursday, Aug. 31, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. This event is free (donations welcomed). Learn more about the exhibit at ArtGalleryofStAlbert.ca Register for free at Eventbrite.com or call 780-460-4310. Event takes place at Art Gallery of St. Albert, 19 Perron Street, St. Albert.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note* It still seems a bit weird to me that I am now doing "Artist Talks" and or "Lectures". The photography must be going in the right direction, After many years of hard work. things seem to be going right. Most importantly I am very happy the stories I am trying to tell are finally being told to slightly larger audiences. The voices of my subjects are beginning to be heard. I need to double my efforts and work even harder. I hope this coming 6 month trip will allow me to do that.