Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Artist Talk Article For "My Fathers Last Days-Healing Process" In The St. Albert Gazette

Scott Hayes from the St. Albert Gazette is going to interview me next week for an preview article about my August 31st (630 pm) artist talk (My Fathers Last Days-Healing Process). I am quite happy this is happening. My one worry about the talk is that no one will show up! The talk should be a joy to do but if the room is empty that joy dissipates rather quickly! Hopefully the article will draw in more folks. Thanks Scott for caring enough to write about dads story. I will post a link when the interview is published, not sure which day that will happen, the 23rd, 26th or 30th of August.

Just like the artist talks I am getting more and more used to newspaper-radio and website interviews. I  might also be doing an interview for "Photography Forum" magazine next year. I still have have to send them some photographs for the "PITCH to the mags publisher". We will see how that goes, if this does happen it will be my first published work in a photography magazine. The thing that matters most thou is that it will be an opportunity to tell the story of the families in the dump and to raise awareness about their difficult lives.

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"