Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hope For A Better Future

Stories like this give me hope for a better future, a future where racism and discrimination based on race, religion, gender and sexual orientation do not exist. This letter also proves that no matter how hatefull are hearts are, we can grow to become something better than we were.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/01/us/reformed-racist-church-letter-donation-trnd/index.html

From the story:
The Rev. Michael Sullivan of Nicholtown Presbyterian Church says he was heartened by an anonymous letter that was sent to the church -- along with a sizable donation.
"I am white and used to be a terrible racist," the letter read. "... Due to Christ's teachings, I am appalled at my former thoughts and words."
The note wasn't all talk. It contained a check for $2,000.
"I send this donation as a heartfelt apology to the African-American community, as a sign of God's love for you, and as a sign of my love for you as well." 
.................
"I don't care whether we are talking black or white, whether we are talking about Christian or Islamic," Sullivan said. "if we can hear the heart of this man as being a heart that represents all of us, I think all of us can become better."