Friday, May 12, 2017

Got My 4x5-5x7 Pritzdorff Camera Today

I got my camera today with an additional charge of $52.38 CAD thrown in :(. The camera was fairly cheap at $600 USD and seem quite well made. I made a few adjustments, cleaned it up and now it is ready to shoot. I will use it in Asia in the dump to do group portraits and other 4x5 and 5x7 work. I plan to also use it as my main teaching camera for my view camera workshop students (I can keep my Linhof for my own persona use).

On a scale of 1-10 I would give this camera an 8. I will be unafraid to take this wonderful little tool anywhere I make pictures. It now becomes my second wooden field camera in the 4x5-5x7 format. The other camera my Korona I will use solely for wet plate work, this Pritzdorff is for film only.

My new-used Pritzdorff 4x5 and 5x7 camera