Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Email And CARFAC News From Visual Arts Alberta

Here is the email I got from Chris. I am posting it so that we can hopefully have a higher attendance both at the show and during the CARFAC activities.
CARFAC Website And Information

Hmm...I wonder if I get the added $100 for shipping, delivery? I am based in Edmonton so I doubt where as the others are from way down South. I hope I do get it thou, that will make the donation to the "Families of the Dump" go from $400 (my artist fee) to $500 (my fee plus the shipping bonus). I do not think I qualify for the shipping thing, too bad.

Here is a selection from the email we all received with the CARFAC info in it. I hope all of you that can will attend both CARFAC and the "TRUMPET" exhibition.

Note* The opening of the exhibition is June 3 at 8pm at the Latitude 53 gallery in Edmonton.

----------------------------------------

Hello TRUMPET Artists

................
...............

We will be preparing a contract that will be ready at the end of this month (hopefully on the day you deliver the work to Latitude 53). Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC will be paying you a CARFAC fee of $400.00 for your work and up to $100.00 to deliver the work and pick up the work from the gallery at the end of the exhibition (or we will pay return shipping up to $100.00 if you elect to send your work up to Latitude 53). The show runs until July 15th, 2017.

The opening of the exhibition will be on Saturday evening June 3rd, 2017. There will be a special CARFAC National award ceremony starting at 7pm and the general opening starts at 8pm. As artists you are invited to join us at 7pm.

On June 2nd – June 4th, we are having the CARFAC National Conference in Edmonton. This is going to be a great time to learn and meet with artists from all over Canada. Read about the conference here: http://visualartsalberta.com/carfac-conference/ Naturally you are invited!

.................
.................

Take care