Monday, March 27, 2017

$5000 USD For A Lens?

Check out the new price for my 35mm f1.4 M Leica lens. I did not pay a whopping $4995 USD. I think I paid around $3000, $2990? for mine, something like that. Boy does Leica charge lots for their stuff.

With a price like that, it makes me afraid to take the lens out into the field. What if you drop it, or what if it is stolen? Cameras and lens MUST be used, so I will take it next trip and shoot, shoot and shoot some more with it. I need to make many good photographs with it over its shooting lifetime, to help balance out the crazy cost. Now that I think it over, taking it with me is a must, it just seems right! Let  this lens fufill its expensive destiny and make (at least try to make) important 35mm negs.
Leica Black Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens