Sunday, February 26, 2017

More Submissions

Decided to do a few more submissions for the 2018 season. I have no 2018 shows as of yet, need to find at least one, especially for the "Families of the Dump" project. These are all email submissions and most of them if not all pay artist CARFAC fees which helps a bit with the printing/framing costs. I use the artist CARFAC money to help buy photo paper to print the work for the exhibition. It is never enough to cover costs but any money earned from these shows does help out somewhat. I expect to get a CARFAC fee from the coming SAGA show but it will be split 3 ways. I might receive $400-600 CAD dollars. A single box of 50 sheet 20x24 Ilford warmtone paper alone costs $350 USD plus taxes, so only so much is covered, but anything is better than nothing.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/128191-REG/Ilford_1865619_Multigrade_FB_Warmtone_DW.html

Here are todays submision location efforts, please consider joining in and trying to get your work shown. The more people in this world making and showing art, THE BETTER!

Mackenzie Gallery
Hamilton Artists Inc.
MacLaren Art Centre
Firehall Arts Centre (Vancouver)
Gallery TPW (Toronto)
TATE (UK) My Dreams Come True Gallery

Unfortunately the Vancouver Art Gallery does not receive email submissions any longer (they probably get an overwhelming amount). They do have a email address for curatorial buys/donations of art work. So will give that a try. I sent them some photographs, who knows maybe they will buy one, then I can use the money to purchase more film and make more photos of the families at the dump. Continuing to tell those stories is most important to me. A security guards salary only goes so far, we got to do what we got to do thou. Even if I have to pay for everything myself the rest of my life I will continue to do so, the work and the lives-people in that work are too important to me to stop.
Vancouver Art Gallery

Note* The TATE link, includes 4 emails for sending in proposals. One of the emails is to the TATE MODERN, where I saw one of the greatest series of photos in my life. In the same facility was Irving Penn, Bruce Davidson (NY Subway Series) and August Sander. It was a f-cking dream for me!