Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Link: Davinci Resolve

Been playing with the free editing/colour grading software from Blackmagic called Davinci Resolve. Fun stuff, this product is basically a simplified editor with a great (possibly the best available) colour grader. The colour grading in this software is second to none I have seen, with a load of very complicated options and ability. It will take a long time and lots of practise to understand everything that can be done.

With a bit of effort I was able to install Davinci 12.5 into my editing computer. I am not sure I have full function for the program as it is requires a high end GPU but I think I have enough ability to make it a useful tool.

My plan is either to use Davinci 100% for my movie editing with RAW and or ProRes HQ video or to switch between Davinci-Premiere and Audition (Adobe sound editor). At some point in the future I will probably get a multi screen high end computer to edit my video. For now thou the laptop has to do, which it will be mobile enough for me to take to Asia for 6 months.

Here is a link to a very informative basic intro to Davinci Resolve:
Resolve 12.5 Basics - DaVinci Resolve End-To-End Crash Course By Casey Faris

Note* Davinci Resolve recognizes RAW DNG Cinema files from my BMPCC, Adobe Premiere CS6 does not.