Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Email: How To Make My Film?

Just wrote this to a friend. It is about my fears of making the movie, and what I feel I have to try to do creatively. How to make the the movie? The things that might work out best.

--------
got my bag of film making gear today, will it help make the movie? Yes...but I need to find the heart of my story and tell it effectively, that is the key. Am quite frightened by what confronts me, going into a totally new world here. Most likely I will fall on my face with the attempt. I think I need to follow my heart, to allow the story to become very personal. Let my true feelings come through. Whenever I have been successful in the past with my photography that has been the case, just hang everything on truth,emotion,feelings, heart...guess that is the way to go..When I did dad's eulogy it was the same idea, heartfelt stories, fun stories, feeling and emotion won out the day. It worked out well and got a lot of positive emotions back from the guests at the time and later..one older lady even said it was the best eulogy she ever heard (and my moms/dads older friends go to LOTS of funerals!)..

So that has got to be my film making trick, be true, be heartfelt, be emotional but also put in a bit of humor.

Kind of ironic, my father is still helping me figure stuff out! Thanks dad.