Thursday, December 29, 2016

Upgrading My Video Editing Computer

I decided to upgrade my HP EliteBook laptop. I bought 16GB of RAM, 2 x 8GB sticks, the cost was $96 USD including shipping. I also bought a metal hard drive caddy from China for a $2.58 USD with free shipping. I still need to buy a compatible 2 TB hard drive.

I upgraded the computer because of the heavy video editing work I will be using it for. With these upgrades (assuming I can install them correctly). I will have 3TB of hard drive space on the EliteBook (expandble to 5TB if I remove the DVD player and install a  2TB hardrive) along with 28GB of RAM (expandable to 32GB). I will also be taking 2 - 2TB external hard drives with me to Asia, to back up all my audio and video files to (2 backups). If I need more back up drives, which I no doubt will, I will buy them in Bangkok.

Update: I bought a 2TB internal hard drive to use with the EliteBook. I need to find a 2nd hard drive caddy that will fit my 8760w computer. The cost of the 2TB drive ws $118 USD including shipping. That should be it for the upgrades.