Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Jazz Music Buy

Ordered more jazz, Charlie Parker LPs and CDs as well as Dexter Gordon CDs.  I was inspired to get more Charlie Parker after watching the Clint Eastwood movie "Bird" (including the movie soundtrack).

While printing the 2nd exhibition second sprint I listened to Jazz all night. On the docket were Dizzy Gillespie, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker and Stan Getz. A wonderful night of printing and jazz music, a good time after yesterdays evening unhappiness. Anytime I am down photography gets me out of my rut.

Even managed to do a bit sax practise along the way. I hope some day to be good enough to play a bit of jazz and improvise on my own. I feel I have found the right instrument, now it I just need to practise, enjoy and learn.

Dizzy is playing as I type this, boy can that man make his horn sing! Go Dizzy Go!