Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Bought Me A Used Zacuto Z-Finder Viewfinder

I bought myself a used " Zacuto Z-Finder Viewfinder Pro 3.0x for 3.2 with Screens w/ Gorilla Plate V2" Made a slight discount deal with the seller to buy it for $175 USD plus shipping. I believe this is an almost new display model, comes with original box, manual etc.

This unit attaches to the back of my Canon 5D Mark 3 and allows for precise focusing on the LCD when shooting video. It is basically an adjustable magnifying glass. I will be able to focus sharply and concentrate better on the composition of the shot. There will be no glare on the LCD from the hot Thai sun! The Gorilla plate V2 is the metal harness system that allows you to attach the viewfinder to the back of the camera.

These units new run $375 USD from B&H so this is a pretty good deal.

Note* With these most recent purchases I believe I have almost everything I need for the documentary film outside of the 24-105mm lens (that deal is in the works).  I will no doubt need to buy various small items like memory cards and batteries etc, but most of the big purchases seem almost done. I was able to get many items cheaply and or used, got some good bargains. Hopefully the movie will be worth this financial cost. I so want to make an important meaningful and heartfelt documentary.

Zacuto Z-Finder Viewfinder Pro with Gorilla Plate