Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Opera Boy?

Picked up a bunch of Opera records today at the Good Will store for $8. I only had one other Opera LP (accidental buy) and enjoyed it so wanted to give this whole Opera thing a chance. It takes a bit of getting used to! Initially it seemed to be a bunch of screeching and screaming men yelling at me in a foreign language. We will give it a go, the more I listen to it the more I am liking it, even thou I have no idea what they are singing about.

Funny how things work out, now that I am older I am reading-writing poetry, learning the saxophone and listening to opera, who knew? As a young man I ran away from such things, now I embrace them. Guess it is all part of learning, maturing and continuing to grow as a person. Now let me get back to the screeching dudes! :))

Update* Taking a bit of a break from the opera stuff today, got a Nina Simone vinyl LP in the mail. Love Miss Simone.