Thursday, October 13, 2016

Link: My Tempo Alto Sax Has Arrived!

I got my Saxophone, it has arrived!!! I had to pay UPS an additional $154 CAD in fees ($91 for brokerage) but I finally got my sax. Started playing it immediately following an online tutorial.
Saxophone For Beginners
It took me a few tries to start making sounds but I am playing notes already, something I could never do with a trumpet. I think with a ton of work and years of effort I MIGHT be able to make music. This is going to be FUN FUN FUN.

I will take it to work and try to practise at least 1 or 2 hours each night each security shift. Will post some music videos later on this blog if and when I can play some tunes (it might be a year or longer for those vids).

Anyway Oct 13, 2016 I started to play a Alto Sax, wish me luck.

Update* I just took a nap for a couple of hours, had a dream that I was playing notes on my saxophone for mom and dad. Dad will never know that I tried to do this. My father was a musician all of his life, he played the drums in various Ukrainian style wedding bands from when he was a young boy into his 70s. Dad also at various times played a bit of violin, guitar and harmonica.. He would have liked me playing the sax, would have liked it very much.  Maybe somewhere, somehow he knows. If I eventually get good enough at this thing, I am going to write and perform a song for him. That is my goal, to find personal musical happiness and satisfaction as well as write a song for my father.

Lisa Simpson and I enjoying our sax