Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Memories Start Flooding Back

I am the process of going through my "Dads Last Days" negs and deciding exactly what 7 negs I will print to 20x24 inches. As I browse these neg,s looking at them through a loupe on my light table, memories of my father fill my mind. I think this is going to be a very hard process. Tears and dad nightmares will not doubt follow.

My dreams of my father have gone positive lately after the "Please don't die dad!" stuff I was waking up to the year or so after his passing. Not sure what is going to happen to me as I spend hundreds of hours creating these prints over the next 6 months or so. We will have to wait and see.

I owe my father so much. I want to make these photographs sing, to tell his story with a screaming voice. If nightmares and depression are the result, so be it. Anything for my father who I love and miss so much. Dad would probably think this type of stuff was all a bit silly and wasteful but it is the only way I can be with him now. He would like the fact I think that he has not been forgotten and that his face will continue to grace the walls of art galleries (a 3rd time for dad and this series). I hope I can eventually get his photographs into a collection somewhere so he will continue to be remembered and to live on after my death.