Friday, September 2, 2016

Beautiful Woman Ambrotype

Am spending too much money on Ambrotypes.  I get pulled into the mysterious faces. I start asking myself questions. Who were they? What made these people tick? What were their back stories? What happened in their lives after the pictures were made? And then I bid bid and bid some more. I sort of get carried away with it all and over due the buying thing. I need to finish the auctions I am currently bidding on, pay everything off then put aside my Ambrotype collecting for now. Am spending too much money, I need to be more careful.

Speaking of spending to much money, I bought this expensive excellent condition Ambrotype today, fell in love with this women's beautiful but sad face. Who was she? Why is she wearing black? Is she a young widow? Is She in morning her dead civil war soldier husband? The Ambrotype was selling for $225 USD, I offered $175 USD on a bit of a whim and was accepted.

I love this Ambrotype, am fascinated by this mysterious woman, there is something haunting about her expression, her beauty. Who was she? Who is this young lady dressed in black? Is the broach what they call a morning broach? What was her story? What kind of life did she have before and after this picture was made? She will live with me now, in my darkroom, we will share some time together. She will help me make new portraits and tell new stories using the wet plate process. I think I will call her Annabelle

Civil War Era 1/9 Plate Ambrotype Of Pretty Woman In Possible Morning