Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Possible Wet Plate Trailer

Found a possible wet plate trailer, it is a 2006 formerly used to haul a snow mobile. Not sure it will work for me thou, still finding out little details like the interior height (I am 6 foot 2 1/2 inches) and the price! It also might be too big for me, 14 feet long with a 5 foot nose area (was thinking 10 or 12 feet total). I like the cupboards and the overall interior, not just plywood like most cargo trailers (easier to wash down).

A bit of a long shot buy but still thought I would post the photos from the seller, to show you all. I could imagine this as a darkroom, can you? Imagine being up near the arctic circle doing ULF wet plate photography alongside some caribou and a distant polar bear with this trailer as my darkroom!!

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

Update* They want $5900 CAD for the trailer, more than I wanted to pay. Still might drive out and give it a look see if the interior height works for me. The drive to the trailer is about 2 hours from my home.

Update** Unfortunately the interior height is only 72 inches where as I am closer to 75 inches. I doubt I will be getting this trailer. I need something taller, maybe with an 80 inch interior. Will be spending hundreds of hours in the trailer, potentially all over Canada, I want something I can stand in comfortably.

Possible 14 foot trailer