Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Dreamt Of Dads Smiling Face

Just woke up after a dream about my father. I was living at his house but the version of that house that dates back to around 1980 before he did a renovation. I was downstairs in my house in the current up to date darkroom playing with things when I heard my dad upstairs yell out (in his old house), how strange! I ran upstairs from my darkroom to his old upstairs, opened the kitchen door and he was there. He was happy but tired and worn down. I called out "Dad!" and hugged him, he smiled and said "I'm tired, I am going home." I told him no "Dad don't go!" ( I wanted to show him my cleaned up darkroom, I used to always do that before). He looked so good, so tall, a bit wavy and weak but still strong enough. I then realized I was dreaming and I tried to stay in the dream to be with my father and for a while I could. I just looked at his face, he did not talk, I held his face in my mind, looking at him smiling for maybe another 30 seconds. Then he faded away and I woke up and wrote this.

I miss my father more and more, the dreams have thinned out a bit lately. He left us Feb 22, 2015. That is almost 1 year 6 months ago now. I am glad I could share a happy dream, a happy moment with him today.