Sunday, August 21, 2016

Buggered My Back Again!

Not sure how I did it this time but buggered my back again. I was at the lake for 3 nights and sometime during night number 2 my back started stiffening. When I woke up this morning it took me 10 minutes to get out of bed. This all sucks big time.

I managed to suffer my way through making my first exposure with the 11x14 and HP5. Had some issues with the homemade (from Hong Kong) holders I was using, I think I can correct the problem. The film does not seem to sit flat in the  holders which makes it impossible to close the dark slide. I think I can enlarge that area slightly with an exacto knife. I hope things can be worked out. Holders are expensive, if I can get these home made copies working for me I will save dollars.

The back problem worries me. If I continue to have this issue how the f-ck can I shoot ULF, heck I might not even be able to shoot 8x10. The "Oh! Canada!" will be dead in the water before it even starts. I will do some stretching, treat the sore area of the lower back with various ointments etc. Hopefully it is only a pulled muscle thing or a stiff muscle from sleeping with my bare back in the cold van. I need to take care of this tonight, treat it now, before I go back to work tomorrow. In my 21 years or so as a security guard, I have never taken a sick day, not starting tomorrow even if I have to go in on a stretcher!