Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Bidding On Some Ebay Wet Plate Portraits

Started to bid on some lower priced eBay Ambrotype-Tintype portraits. I just love portrait photography and to own and view some 1850s-1890s  wet plate portraits is exciting to me. These items can be resold at a later date, I will just use, learn and be inspired by them for a few years.

Most Ambrotypes like Daguerreotypes come in protective leather cases. It makes me wonder if I can use similar cases for some of my future Ambrotype work. I could use the cases for gallery shows or possibly if I sell some work to individual sitters or collectors. I remember a few years back finding a company that made the caases, will see if I can locate them again.

Later I will post the Ambrotype-Tintype images I am able to buy and collect.

Update* Found some smaller sized new cases for sale.
http://www.moderndayantique.com/