Sunday, July 31, 2016

Scary "Oh! Canada!" Fact

Here is a scary and very intimidating Canada fact. If I try to do even part of the proposed "Oh! Canada" wet plate-platinum print project, I would have to deal with it.

Canada is the worlds second largest country and spans more than 3,855,100 square miles (9,984,670 square kilometers). 

OUCH! That is one hell of a lot of driving to make some pics!

Still if I can travel half way round the world, learn and communicate in another language while making studio photos (with flash gear I brought from Canada) using an 8x10 of the sex scene workers in Thailand. If I can travel half way round the world, and photograph Burmese families in a garbage dump for over 3 years running. Why can't I do this? Heck it might even be easier, hope hope! Anything is possible, sometimes it is important to push yourself as hard as you can, who knows what the result might be! I know many photo people (former camera clubbers) that give up even before they get started. I do not want to be one of those folks.

Reach for the stars baby, reach for the stars!!