Monday, July 25, 2016

Lens Mounted To Boards

Well I now have two of my ULF lens mounted to newly arrived lens boards. Both the 21 inch process lens/shutter Ilex and the 450mm F 9 Nikon (Q) are now mounted to a Sinar lensboards, that will fit into my Chamonix adapter board. I had to wait a bit on mounting the Nikon as I was missing the mounting ring. I requested the ring from the seller who sent it in a second envelope (he had forgotten to attach it). I still need to mount my Fujinon 600mm, I already have that lens board waiting inside the camera. Am still looking for a Ilex #5 shutter to use with my 42 inch Goertz Red Dot. When I get the shutter I will send it to SK Grimes for mounting. I am also in the market for a 19 inch Dagor. My ULF-Platinum printing teacher Allan K recommended it to me.

This whole ULF photography thing is coming together nicely., piece by piece. My Ries wooden tripod should be here in a a few days.

Note* The standard Sinar lens boards can be bought relatively cheap on eBay, got mine for $29.99 USD and 30.45 USD with free shipping.