Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Glass Bottles

When your mixing your own wet plate chemistry you need LOTS and LOTS of glass bottles. I decided to order some in advance. I did this order through amazon.ca, allowing for free shipping, cost $297.62 CAD for 10-1000ml bottles and 4-2000ml bottles (for silver nitrate when I make the big plates). I will need to buy more bottles in the future maybe some smaller 250ml, 500ml, sizes and a larger 5000ml. The more bottles you have the better. Each bottle will only have one use in its lifetime, cross contamination is a huge problem in wet plate. I will also need to get a number funnels that are specific to its own chemical, one for Silver Nitrate, one for Varnish etc.
Amazon, Link To the GL-45 Bottles
Note* Clear glass bottles allow for sunning of the silver nitrate and inspecting-filtering your chemistry more easily. I will be storing these bottles in a dark place possibly a dedicated camping cooler when they are not in use.

Kimax, GL-45 Media/Storage Bottle