Saturday, July 30, 2016

"GERRY YAUM AT WORK", Book Covers?

Still playing around with various books-magazines from Blurb for next years exhibition. I want to hit this exhibition out of the park. Make up very strong large dad exhibition prints and also do up 1 or several book-magazines detailling my life in photography. Hopefully it will all lead to more shows at higher end spaces. Which will allow the stories of the people I photogaph to be told with greater detail and clarity to a larger audience.

The latest magazine idea is to pay "homage" the layout of a simple book I love on Paul Strand, titled "PAUL STRAND AT WORK". Here are some possible cover layouts. This book-magazine would be smaller and easier to design and make (a doable thing!). It will probably run around 30-60 photos, 1 picture every 2 pages.

In these cover samples I tried to focus on individual portrait images that speaks to the strength of the "Human Being".

Note* Three of the photos below were made in the Mae Sot dump for the "Forgotten Laughter" project in  April/May this year. I have only been back in Canada a few months but already miss shooting daily so much. Need to get back in the field soon, and make me some more pics!