Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bought Me A 11x14 Camera

I bought a older and cheaper version 11x14 today. The camera seems to be a older model Chamonix or a copy of a Chamonix. It looks to be a nice little and very usable unit complete with lens board. The cost was a relatively low $1099 USD. Most 11x14 cameras seem to run $4000-$5000 US dollars. This is not a beautiful looking camera but it is fully functional which is all the matters in the end.

Am quite excited by this purchase. I always wanted a 11x14, now I own one at a very reasonable, even a cheap price. This might be my main platinum printing camera. I will be doing only contact prints with this, and HP5 llx14 is available from B&H at $199.95 USD a box for 25 sheets.

Update* Bought me a box of film! Got the great FREE shipping to Canada deal from the B&H folks. In the past a former close acquaintance had criticized me for buying film over using the money go buy booze and socializing with photo folks. I always feel so happy when I buy film with my hard earned wages. What wonders will come of this new 11x14 film? Who knows, but the beauty and possibilities are endless. You don't get that by buying scotch and drugging yourself to find happiness.
Update** Will probably use the large ball head I bought a while back for the 16x20 with this camera instead. It should be a better fit, weight and size wise.

My new 11x14 view camera
Update* Will need to get some 11x14 holders and a 11x14 wet plate back to fit this camera. I already own 5 modern lens that will work with it. Will try to get a nice swirly sharpness 1800s Petzval brass lens to use with it as well.