Friday, June 17, 2016

Possible Cover For Exhibition Magazine/Book, DAD AND EYE

Here is my first attempt, using my up and running laptop, at a possible front and back cover for the exhibition mag/book. The show at the Art Gallery of Saint Albert is still very distant (August 2017) but it never is to soon to start things. This mag would be a 100 or so page effort detailing the shows themes, "How artists use their art to cope with loss". I also want the mag to tell a more complete, more rounded story of who my father was, highlighting our relationship as father and son.

I am going to include several blog entries about our last year together and the dreams that followed. Some writing should add more context and possible connections for the reader. Will also write up an introduction of some kind detailing dad and I (eye), common birthdays, shared photography etc. For example in the cover photo below between shots dad asked me if it was better to do his hair like it is in the picture pointing down, that was his idea. He went to the mirror adjusted his hair and then sat down again for more portraits. Our photography was always a joint venture, each of us contributing. I want the people who view the exhibition and flip through this magazine to understand that.