Monday, June 13, 2016

4 Probable Photos For The AGSA Group Show

Been going over and over in my head which 6-7 negatives of dad I want to print for the AGSA show. I feel those selected below are for sures, or almost for sures. I have printet all of these images before and know the negs fairly well. I am pretty sure they will all work strongly in 20x24.

Dad saw and accepted all of these photographs before he died except the staring hand shot made with the 5x7 view camera. I procecssed that negative the next day but never had a chance to print it or scan it for him to see. When I made that picture he initially had his hand under the blanket. We did not talk much that day, I spoke a little, kissed him on the forehead, told him I loved him. I remember dad moving his hand out in between exposures. I think he moved his hand out almost like a pose for me, to help me get a better photograph. If you look at the print there is a slight movement in the hand/shoulder (long exposure) which I like a lot, it shows he was still with us, still alive, still fighting and still helping his son.

This was our last time together, our last shared moments. I am so happy I can show dad on a gallery wall again, for the 4th time. I know my father would be happy that he has not been forgotten and that he continues to live on through our shared photography.

Dad 2 days before he passed away (5x7 inch negative)
Dad 1 week before he passed. (35mm)
Dad in pain about 9 days before he passed (35mm)
Dad during his last summer with us (35mm)