Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Smart Watch? No Smart Kids!!

Today I was wearing a cheap 1600 baht Chinese smart watch that I got recently in Bangkok. While waiting for my ride at the Sky Blue School in front of the dump 2 boys came up to me. I was looking at the digi photos made that day, they joined in peering closely and climbing on top of me to get a better viewpoint.

At one point one of the boys noticed my watch. I started to explain what it was when the closest boy started operating it. Gosh this kid who I thought knew nothing about this newish technology could navigate the darn thing better than I could. His fingers flew through the various functions. In no time he was watching the videos and photos I had made as well as listening to the audio recordings.

Kids are so so smart, these Burmese refugee children could do anything and I mean anything with their lives if just given the opportunity and proper education.