Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Raised Workshop Rates

I raised my photo workshop rates again.
- The standard darkroom workshop went from $120 to $140
- The advanced darkroom workshop remained at $180
- The view camera workshop went from $140 to $150

I have had given 1 workshop so far this year (view camera) and have my second scheduled for next Tuesday (standard darkroom). These 2 workshop students were charged the old rates, hopefully I can get 5 or 6 more workshops this year at the new slightly higher rate. As usual all moneys earned go directly back into my photograaphy.

I am also thinking of offering a social documentary workshop or lecture of some kind. Possibly detailing the history of social documentary photography worldwide for 30 or 45 minutes (I know a fair amount about this subject) and then ending with an hour or so speaking about my own personal work and projects. I would need to get a group together of at least 5 people charging maybe $40 a person to make it worthwhile. The more the merrier! Not sure this would fly but it cannot hurt to try.