Wednesday, May 18, 2016

New Documentary Video Camera?

Am researching various highter end video cameras. If I do go ahead and try to create a documentary film on Fred S at the dump I will need a more high end pro type camera to do the job right. The video cameras I am looking at are mid range priced, around $5000 CAD (many cameras are over $10000).

Here is my current favorite the Canon EOS C100 Mark II. The one huge advantage this system has over others is that it allows me to use my existing Canon digital lens from my Canon 5D Mark II DSLR. If I bought this unit I would save on lens. The lens between these two Canon system cameras are interchangeable. Which would also mean less weight in the field if I was doing both DSLR and Video work at the same time.

 It retails at $5469 CAD (body only).
YouTube Run Through Cameras Features (Impressive!)
Vistek Info On the Camera

Update* A early used model "the C100" might be a better buy for me, around $2700-3000 CAD saving over $2400.

Canon EOS C100 Mark II