Tuesday, May 10, 2016

My Little Twin

I had a little twin with me for an hour or so in the dump today (my last hour). A young boy of 6 years old from the birthday party family followed me about the dump and on the nearby road. It was rather cute, he  became my little twin helper. He helped me closed the legs of my tripod several times, played with my smart watch for 15 minutes or so. The boy then used both my digital and Leica camera, he was fascinated with everything. The cutest part was that he would mimic me. If I turned my hat backwards a minute later he would do so, if I crouched down he would crouch down, when I walked he walked. Later on he even went to the store to get me a bottle of water when I asked for it )(in my very limited Burmese).

I ended up giving him some lose change for an ice cream cone and a bit more. It was sad to see him standing there barefoot on the road as I drove off. He waved goodbye to me with a beautiful sweet face, eyes sparkling. I will miss my little twin, a good if melancholy final dump memory.

Note* I made a video of this young mans difficult name and age. Will use his first name and age in the title of the final archival exhibition photograph (pic of his feet on the roadway and on the dirt).