Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Making A Documentary??

Fred S has asked me to do a documentary film on his work in the dump (guess were friends now). The focus would be on how one person can make a difference and how that is done. I am thinking of possibly doing 2 documentaries, one that focuses on the techniques involved with Fred's work, money management, his team of helpers, his devotion etc. The second doc would be more specific to Fred, his relationships with the people here, his love of the children, his sacrifice, success and failures. Even his temper/mood swings, worries, and especially his compassion. A complete honest portrait of this man and his efforts to help the people at the dump.

Lots more thought required, lots more reading, thinking and learning. If I do take this on it would be a major deal. I would need to get a leave from work to spend 2 or 3 months with Fred night and day,  recording video, sound, doing interviews (with Fred and others) and making pics. This would be my first major documentary effort, not sure if I can do it or not.