Monday, May 16, 2016

Back In Canada!

I am back in Canada after a long but fairly comfortable flight home. Am sitting typing this at my work computer wearing my blue security shirt. A bit tired but feel reasonably well considering that a day and a bit ago I was standing in the Bangkok airport.

Tonight I sent out a email to the people at the plant I work with thanking them. The snapshot photos below were part of that message. I will start developing the trips b/w film in the next few days. Have tons of film to develop and prints to make, this is going to be fun! This will takes months to finish, maybe as long as 1 year to get out the final prints. Hopefully I can get a large show at an important venue to tell the "Forgotten Laughter" story properly.

Note* I managed to get my Tri-x film (35mm, 120 and 5x7) hand checked at all 3 airports used on my return to Canada (Bangkok, Taipei, Vancouver).
Note** I brought back multiple found dump items (20+) to exhibit alongside the photos, writing and video. 

Working dump child
Group of dump children
Donated boots
Fred giving out water
Girl with donated doll
Chldiren in larger dump shack
Dump view with shacks from on top of garbage
Dump children