Sunday, April 10, 2016

Link: The Magic Bag

When I was a young child I used to watch Mr. Dressup on CBC TV. Mr. Dressup was a wonder to me. He would draw wonderful creative pictures and create handicrafts but what I loved most was his "Tickle Trunk" . The trunk was filled with all manner of clothing, hats and costumes. Mr. Dressup would open the ticket trunk vetted dressed up and all manner of fun would ensue.

Yesterday as I was giving out things at the dump I opened up my very large camera bag, the children and adults gathered round to see what as inside. At various times I handed out photos, hats, rubber boots and small dolls. Everyone smiled laughed and had fun. When I first arrived one 30ish lady ran over to get her boots smiling from ear to ear. When I handed out the dolls the children started playing first fixing up the hair.

Today the magic bags wonders will continue. I will hand out more hats, boots, a doll, photos and children's clothing. The kids of the dump eye my bag with wonder and excitement just as I did in my much more privileged background while watching Mr. Dressup's "Tickle Trunk".
Mr. Dressup 1986