Monday, April 11, 2016

In People's Homes?!

I had the opportunity to photograph in one of the dump family homes today. After I gave the young girl her barbie doll I asked the father if I could enter his home, he told me yes. He even offered me a cup of well water which I thanked him for and drank quickly. Being inside the shack was a relatively new experience for me. I had done it one time before back in 2013 when I was loading 4x5 film holders. Inside this second shack allowed me to make photos from a new perspective.

The digi camera was ideal for this type of shooting. I did my best Larry Louie impression (an out handing photographer friend of mine) and shot horizontal photos with my 24mm f 1.4 lens at 2000 ASA.

I will try to gain access and shoot more family home interiors in the coming weeks. I need to be carefull moving my 245lb frame about a small fragile bamboo home is perilous. I do not want to crash through the floor and onto the dog and chickens living below the shack.