Monday, April 11, 2016

Digging For Jewelery

Last night after dark when I was photographing the garbage digging I came across a old couple. The couple had discovered a stash of costume jewelry in a white plastic bag. There were some damaged items but some were still in good shape. There was a bunch of old glasses and sunglasses, earring still mounted to the plastic display pieces and a few bracelets. The couple excitedly dug through it all and I helped out, we pushed aside the dump garbage and broken jewellery pieces which were scattered on the moist ground. Another lady joined in and 7 hands (one of my hands was holding a camera and shooting) dug about the garbage looking for the good stuff. This was all done under the illumination from our head flashlights.

I ended up taking a discarded key chain for the found objects part of my proposed exhibition in Canada.