Sunday, April 10, 2016

Bride And Groom And Family

I met the bride and groom today, the first time this trip. They called out to me when they saw me from one of the dump shanti town lean-tos. I got to meet their second child a young baby of 2-3 weeks I think. When the bride was breast feeding her child she was a bit shy, it was rather cute as she covered her breast from the camera and smiled. I will give them some food tomorrow, bag #1. A very happy couple, fun to be around. Took a photo of the bride as she was looking over my shoulder at pictures I had taken, will post that later. Will also post some pics of their new baby.

Later in the day I met the father of the bride who greeted me very warmly. It was quite dark when I met him and he was wearing a toque so it was hard to recognize him. It was a nice meeting, we have become old friends in a way (the man I gave boots to last trip).. He told me he lives in a different location now, not sure exactly where that is. His old home was in the area that has now been demolished.

It seems that most of the people who lost there homes still work in the dump so their new places must be geographically close.