Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Wonderful People

Most people I meet here in Italy are so friendly. My personality is not as outwardly emotional as most of the people I seem to find here are but I think if I learned some of the language I could adapt to this country quite quickly. I am starting to speak a few words of Italian here and there, today I did my first “Prego” (your welcome).

I was getting off the train at the Roma Termini (Rome Terminal) after coming in from Florence. An old, small, grey haired old lady with a heavy bag was at the train exit door in front of me. She was kind of struggling with her bag so I made a gesture that I would carry it off the train for her. She looked  up at me surprised and exclaimed something posiitive (I think) in Italian. I picked her bag up by the handle and carried it out of the train onto the platform for her. She almost yelled out a “Gratsi” (Thank You) and I got to smile and say my “Prego” for the first time.