Saturday, April 23, 2016

A Truly Surreal Moment

The truly surreal moment came at the classical music performance, a mix of Mozart, Strauss, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky and others. They also had a couple of opera singers, a handsome man and pretty woman who sang opera (Mozart?) in Italian and  German. I had a seat in the front row center, could literally touch the performers, mere feet away. The last number the two opera singers sang to each other while dancing. She was especially good. I did not know what she was singing but it brought a tear to my eye.
 
At the end of the night the male opera singer chose a young lady from the audience and started dancing and singing to her. The female singer looked for a male partner. I tried to not make eye contact, turning my face down but she chose me anyway. So I got up and danced with her while she sang, looking me directly in the eye she sang  to me as we danced. There were 62 people watching the performance  plus the musicians. A fricking wild moment, I can still see her eyes and hear her voice, it was inspiring. I got to figure out what that opera was about.